Welcome to JZX World Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JZX World Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of JZX World Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

What did you learn about your JZX

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nitrous36

nitrous36

a.k.a the chaser

• Standard member Members
  • 80 posts
    • Time Online: 1d 18h 53m 32s
  • Car:Ford

Posted 04 July 2018 - 08:36 AM

Hey guys long time no post. What did you learn or discover about these cool sleeper sedans  when you first got it and drove it. I finally took delivery of my JZX90 3 months ago and its been pretty fun. But until very recently, this car has only existed to me in video games and pics / vids on the internet. So there were some surprises(to me) when I finally got to drive one. Right away for me they were:

The gas tank is behind the back seat.  I had always assumed it was under the car like most cars. In all the undercarriage pics I saw online it had never occurred to me the gas tank wasnt there. I knew JZXs didnt have folding back seats which I thought was strange for a sedan but never knew why lol. That was immediately solved when I was looking around the trunk and pulled the liner back.

How light these cars are. I found this out by accident on the day I took delivery of it. When me and a buddy were going for a spirited test drive and the alternator failed. And we had to push the car 3 blocks back home. It felt lighter and easier to push than my 2 door mustang! And looking at the specs then converting metric to standard its roughly 200 lbs lighter!

This car, a Toyota sedan from 1993 came with a full size spare. 

Those are 3 of the things I learned about this car. There are more but I dont want to steal them all. I want to hear what some of you guys didnt know, but discovered. 

Edited by nitrous36, 04 July 2018 - 08:39 AM.

#2 1JZJZX

1JZJZX

Lackey

• Standard member Members
  • 95 posts
    • Time Online: 21d 17h 31m 50s
  • Car:JZX100

Posted 10 July 2018 - 09:15 PM

Hardly knew much about these cars until the day it arrived in my driveway a few years ago. One thing I soon learned though was how good the steering lock is for such a big car, so things like knuckles are not needed for the novice drifter and you only need a few small tweaks to go drifting in a JZX from stock standard.

Biggest surprise for you must have been the Right Hand Drive - Right? hahah