Welcome to JZX World Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JZX World Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of JZX World Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Want to buy jzx100

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 danc1706

danc1706

Lackey

• Standard member Members
  • 8 posts
    • Time Online: 3h 32m 43s
  • Car:Bmw

Posted 07 November 2017 - 08:05 AM

Hello, new to the jap world of cars, and have decided I want a jzx100, just want to know general info about the car basically and if there's any helpful guides on them

Looking to buy within the next 2 months, what sort of price should I be looking at for a decent one? And is it worth buying from here in the UK or importing one, budget is about 10k, thanks in advance and appreciate the replies

#2 danc1706

danc1706

Lackey

• 8 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 09:46 AM

?

#3 360N05cOp3z

360N05cOp3z

JZX World's most loved member

• Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter
  • 476 posts
    • Time Online: 132d 8h 31m 8s
  • Interests:Making 100% correct assumptions
    Hating on Tomei
    Telling cunts i made over 300kw
    #WALDonFriday
    Unstretched_tyres
    Duy
    Touch
    Goats
    Always being right
    Antibiotics
  • Car:JZX110 - Sold & JZX100 - Mark II

Posted 19 November 2017 - 09:43 AM

yep

#4 danc1706

danc1706

Lackey

• 8 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 06:37 PM

yep

Yep?

#5 ScamLaawwdd

ScamLaawwdd

Underboss

• Lifetime Supporter Administrator
  • 3201 posts
    • Time Online: 235d 13h 4m 45s
  • Car:2002 JZX110 Mark II

Posted 20 November 2017 - 09:49 AM

$10k will not get you very far with a JZX100 these days as prices are rising again. Probably a poor condition, high km, auto. Most of us are based in Australia, so we are not sure what the market is like in the UK interms of pricing, etc.

I would speak to a broker and see what their thoughts are of your budget, etc and see if they can find a car to meet your needs.

Plenty of guides around the forum, is there anything specific you were after?

#6 nitrous36

nitrous36

a.k.a the chaser

• 80 posts
    • Time Online: 1d 18h 53m 32s
  • Car:Ford

Posted 21 November 2017 - 01:35 AM

Yeah their popularity and rise in prices are due to drifting. Unless youre set on a X100, look at older X81s and 90s. Theyre not as desirable and a little less expensive. The cheapest way to get a 100 is to buy a lower trim non turbo model and swap in a turbo 1J or 2J later.

Just throwing out some other options for you. This is only preference and my opinion but if you go with the X81 or 90 generations, the MarkII is the best looking version of either car. If its the 100, then the Chaser is where its at for looks. :D

Edited by nitrous36, 21 November 2017 - 01:57 AM.

#7 danc1706

danc1706

Lackey

• 8 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:00 AM

Cheers much appreciated, there's a few for sale in UK for around the 10k mark I've seen, say if I did buy a lower spec one and engine swap with a 1j or a 2j what else would I need? I assume the r154 gearbox as the lower spec models wouldn't have this box on it? Anything else?

#8 Cambo

Cambo

Goodfella

• 818 posts
    • Time Online: 102d 18h 1m 42s
  • Car:JZX100 Chaser

Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:02 PM

Cheers much appreciated, there's a few for sale in UK for around the 10k mark I've seen, say if I did buy a lower spec one and engine swap with a 1j or a 2j what else would I need? I assume the r154 gearbox as the lower spec models wouldn't have this box on it? Anything else?

If you are going along the lines of an engine swap I would go 2j as you would need EVERYTHING to fit a 1j anyway. Im sure they go in pretty easy. I've recently built a 1.5j for mine and it wasnt much of a hassle tbh.

As for a car in the UK or Import Im not sure whats best these days. I got mine 4 years ago I think and it was a fresh import but already landed. Best bet is to see whats around then contact an importer to see what price importing one would be. If you are planning on getting bodykit, suspension etc its going to be cheaper to import a car with all this done than do it yourself as you might need to import parts. I think there is A LOT more available in the UK now though. Like Japspeed etc but I dont trust their stuff. Driftworks do some arms and suspension. There is also a "Uk JZX buy/sell" page on facebook you can find stuff on.

#9 danc1706

danc1706

Lackey

• 8 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 08:11 PM

If you are going along the lines of an engine swap I would go 2j as you would need EVERYTHING to fit a 1j anyway. Im sure they go in pretty easy. I've recently built a 1.5j for mine and it wasnt much of a hassle tbh.

As for a car in the UK or Import Im not sure whats best these days. I got mine 4 years ago I think and it was a fresh import but already landed. Best bet is to see whats around then contact an importer to see what price importing one would be. If you are planning on getting bodykit, suspension etc its going to be cheaper to import a car with all this done than do it yourself as you might need to import parts. I think there is A LOT more available in the UK now though. Like Japspeed etc but I dont trust their stuff. Driftworks do some arms and suspension. There is also a "Uk JZX buy/sell" page on facebook you can find stuff on.

Ok cheers, so what would that include apart from engine and box?

Edited by danc1706, 21 November 2017 - 08:13 PM.

#10 Cambo

Cambo

Goodfella

• 818 posts
    • Time Online: 102d 18h 1m 42s
  • Car:JZX100 Chaser

Posted 21 November 2017 - 08:38 PM

Ok cheers, so what would that include apart from engine and box?

Not fully looked into it myself but I would guess loom and management, then things like water hose, FMIC piping that kinda thing, but you would likely need all that to 1j a car.

Search for a guy on here Rizzi he recently build a 2jz jzx100 and put A LOT of info in his thread. *hopefully Photobucket hasnt killed all his pics though!