Welcome to JZX World Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JZX World Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of JZX World Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Circuit Open Relay location

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Chad Walton

Chad Walton

Lackey

• Standard member Members
  • 10 posts
    • Time Online: 1h 49m 46s
  • Car:Toyota Chaser

Posted 10 September 2017 - 09:48 PM

Ok, so I'm having an issue where after I start my JZX90 Chaser it will die after about 3-4 seconds.  If I rev it sometimes I can get her to stay on, but will not idle if I don't.  I've pulled a 78 code saying "This Relates to Fuel pump control or circuit".  So at first figured it was the fuel pump, however more reading says it could be the fuel pump ecu or the circuit open relay gone bad.  I found a way to bypass the ecu to test if its bad but I don't know where the circuit open relay location is.  Any help?

#2 Arthur

Arthur

Arthur

• Paid Supporter Paid Supporter
  • 188 posts
    • Time Online: 10d 3h 33m 25s
  • Interests:Historic racing - pre and post war cars. Restoring and modifying DIY. <br />Wakefield days with mates - modified 280Z/RB25 and MarkII.<br />Good wine, esp. Durif.
  • Car: 94 JZX90 MarkII TourerV

Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:15 PM

Don't dismiss the coolant temp sensor ECU. The two pin sensor in the return elbow at the front of engine. If open circuit fuel pump cuts. It is there for fuel enrichment when the engine is cold and changes resistance as it comes up to temp. Mine failed and gave similar symptoms.