Welcome to JZX World Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JZX World Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of JZX World Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Front Lock mods

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Peterpandam

Peterpandam

Lackey

• Standard member Members
  • 16 posts
    • Time Online: 22h 13m 53s
  • Car:JZX90 - mark 2

Posted 21 April 2016 - 11:10 PM

at the moment I've got these things on my list, can anyone tell me if i'm missing anything or if something needs to be changed?

extended knuckles

extended tie rod

jzx110 tension arm 

RCA's

Some are saying extended lower control arms are necessary as well as upper camber arms, is that right?

#2 Vomit

Vomit

#1 Miley Fan

• Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter
  • 1091 posts
    • Time Online: 64d 55m 44s
  • Interests:Bourbon, Sunroofs & Toyotas
  • Car:The General Lee

Posted 22 April 2016 - 11:05 AM

at the moment I've got these things on my list, can anyone tell me if i'm missing anything or if something needs to be changed?

extended knuckles

extended tie rod

jzx110 tension arm 

RCA's

Some are saying extended lower control arms are necessary as well as upper camber arms, is that right?

You'll want shortened knuckles not extended.

For tie rods you can get the uras ones or ae92 corolla ones, both longer than stock.
Extended LCA's will help with inner wheel clearances but also hinder outter wheel clearances, all depends on how aggressive your kuckles are as to what you'll need i guess.

Also if your having a shop do the cutting and welding id also have your uprights shortened the same amount as your RCA's to avoid uppers hitting.

#3 j-min

j-min

Lackey

• Standard member Members
  • 88 posts
    • Time Online: 5d 15h 50m 44s
  • Car:JZX90 Chaser, JZX110 Mark II

Posted 24 April 2016 - 02:27 AM

Yup. I put some RCAS on my jzx90 and it really accomplished nothing. To work properly, you need to shorten the upright. Also those mods have no effect on angle really. They're more for when you lower your car lots. I'm actually going to remove my RCAs right now because my uppers hit my strut towers badly and my balljoints are now toast....

The only things that increase angle are shortened knuckles and tie rods with more depth/travel. Everything else is just a supporting mod.