Welcome to JZX World Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JZX World Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of JZX World Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

GX90 fuel ecu?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 j-min

j-min

Lackey

• Standard member Members
  • 88 posts
    • Time Online: 5d 15h 50m 44s
  • Car:JZX90 Chaser, JZX110 Mark II

Posted 10 January 2016 - 11:14 AM

So interestingly enough, the chassis of my car is actually a GX90 w/full jzx90 swap.

I was trying to find up more info on fuel ecu stuff and couldnt really come up with anything that matches my car. Does the GX90 not utilize a fuel pump ECU like the JZX90? The power lead going to the fuel pump also seems suspiciously tiny, like 18 gauge! Pics for reference
Fuel pump:
duFKDdr.jpg

And where the Fuel pump ecu would normally be located???? Lol..
OxwwtzO.jpg

#2 j-min

j-min

Lackey

• 88 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 01:04 PM

sooo bump?

#3 W Brett Heald

W Brett Heald

Lackey

• 93 posts
    • Time Online: 1d 5h 50s
  • Car:JZX90 Mark II Tourer V and JZX100 Chaser Tourer V

Posted 06 April 2016 - 05:12 AM

Rewiring would have been done by whoever transplanted the gear.
Not sure if jzx90's have a fuel pump ecu like the soarers do.
Imho they are a waste of space as they are a common fail item.
In the US with the supras and soarers they do what they call the '12v fuel mod' which is just simply wiring direct and bypassing the fuel ecu.
The fuel ecu alternates between 9v and 12v, the bypass means it operates at 12v all the time.
Some people claim the car starts easier with 12v and others also say having 12v all the time prevents fuel starvation which can happen on motors running higher than stock boost between 4 and 5k rpm.

#4 W Brett Heald

W Brett Heald

Lackey

• 93 posts
    • Time Online: 1d 5h 50s
  • Car:JZX90 Mark II Tourer V and JZX100 Chaser Tourer V

Posted 06 April 2016 - 05:18 AM

The fuel pump ecu changes to 12v at a certain level of rpm so thus the problem with fuel starvation on cars that are running higher than stock boost as the 12v kicks in too late and so there is a gap of time there in the rev range where the 9v is not enough.
So if you are running higher than stock boost then they probably did you a favour by bypassing using one.
As I said, very common practice in the US.

#5 j-min

j-min

Lackey

• 88 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 10:57 AM

So I figure it out. The GX90 chassis doesnt come with the fuel pump controller, so if your car is swapped you dont have to deal with it.

That being said, I still did a full re-wire and used a relay, as I installed an AEM320 pump and the oem wiring is far too small to run the pump well. Ran a new feed wire directly from batter, and used a relay triggered by the OEM pump wiring. Works great and pump gets full voltage.

#6 Missingno

Missingno

Bagman

• Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter
  • 216 posts
    • Time Online: 14d 10h 31m 9s
  • Car:JZX100

Posted 12 April 2016 - 11:50 AM

Yes it is likely the gx is controlled internally in the ecu where as jzx is controlled by a seperate ecu that is located in the drivers side of the boot. Also that first pic you have is actually the fuel level sender not the pump, the pump is located on the front of the tank and you have to remove the back seat to get to it. I've just done a LX to JZX conversion and as you know diesels don't have a fuel pump in the tank so therefore I was missing the fuel pump ecu, doesn't seem like a big deal but having the fuel pump switched with IGN and running 12v without that ecu meant the pump doesn't know when to stop priming, i.e. When you switch it to IGN but don't start the car the fuel pump normally runs for about 5 seconds (primes) and then stops when it doesn't see a crank signal. Mine was just running constantly which could be quite dangerous if I'm in an accident, it took a bit of searching and waiting but I managed to pick up a second hand fuel pump ecu from someone wrecking a jzx90 for $30, if you can't wait they still sell them new for around the $280 mark :/ Does your switch off or just run constantly?

#7 j-min

j-min

Lackey

• 88 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 11:02 AM

Yah I realized after that the pic I took was of the sending unit, not the pump. Its all sorted and wired properly now, controlled by the ecu. 

#8 Missingno

Missingno

Bagman

• Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter
  • 216 posts
    • Time Online: 14d 10h 31m 9s
  • Car:JZX100

Posted 15 April 2016 - 09:03 AM

How have you wired it to be controlled by the ecu? Does is prime and switch off if you don't start the car or is the fuel pump constantly running with IGN ON even is you don't start it?