Welcome to JZX World Forums

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JZX World Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of JZX World Forums by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Max power of JZX100 4-speed automatic transmission

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 KristianWraae

KristianWraae

Lackey

• Standard member Members
  • 4 posts
    • :
  • Car:Supra

Posted 30 April 2011 - 07:10 PM

Hi

I've been searching the forums but to my surprice I can't seem to find any reports on how much power a stock 1999 Chaser four speed automatic transmission will hold.

Does anyone know?

I'm contemplating using it in my Supra. I know the stock JZA70 transmission is fairly good and better than the JZA80 n/a transmission, but I'd like to know how much the JZX100 transmission usually can handle.

Thanks
Kristian

#2 mxracer

mxracer

Mobster

• Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter
  • 632 posts
    • Time Online: 9d 1h 7m 8s
  • Car:400hp 2jz hiace , jzx100 chaser
Garage View Garage

Posted 30 April 2011 - 07:30 PM

um why ???
a jzx100 is just a more complicated version of a jzx90/jzz30/jza70 auto
there is 3 main auto types to consider

3 solenoid , kick down cable a340/a341 which is jzx90 /jzz30 / jza70 ( these still hae minor diffences beween but essentially the same box )
5 solenoid , non kick down cable a34x jzx100
5 soleniod , non kick down cable a34x jza80/jzs147 , which have an extra clutch than jzx100 and a diffent valve body too

you say how much power will they handle , well dead stock id be guessing but up to 280-300 rwkw would have them burning clutch packs on gear changes
put a mv autos shift kit into them and a decent trans cooler and u can save them from death at 280-300 rwkw
or spend a bit more at mv's and they can build em to handle 400rwkw and 9s down the drags

if you wanna run the jzx100 box , u will need to run a 3 soleniod valve body , addd kick down cable , and then there is also differences in the speedo drives /sensors and out puts

my sugestion is build up the box you have with a shift kit and trans cooler , and if yours is already dead , find the same box and fit the safety devices mentioned

hope this helps a bit

#3 KristianWraae

KristianWraae

Lackey

• 4 posts
    • :

Posted 30 April 2011 - 07:59 PM

I've done a 2JZ-GTE swap and I'm currently running the stock JZA80 TT box. I want to retain the ABS sensor so I need a different tail shaft than the JZA80 TT.

So that is why the JZX100 transmission is interesting. Will it hold as much power as the JZA80 TT autobox?

#4 Alehandro

Alehandro

Bagman

• Over 100 free posts Standard Member
  • 170 posts
    • Time Online: 1h 51m 51s
  • Car:mark 2

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:22 PM

Keep and strengthen your current box, that is all

#5 mxracer

mxracer

Mobster

• 632 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:16 PM

yea i agree , stick with the jza80 box its stronger than jzx100 box

#6 KristianWraae

KristianWraae

Lackey

• 4 posts
    • :

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:52 PM

I know it is stronger, but I need to convert to a different tail shaft to retain ABS on the MKIII Supra. I'll also be able to get my speedometer back since the Chase tail housing and the mkIII supra tail housing is interchangeable. (and so is the MKIII supra and the MKIV na Supra, but not the TT Supra)

So I have gotten a JZA80 n/a gearbox. But they are not that strong. So I was wondering how the stock JZX100 autobox compares to the JZA80 n/a box. I can get a fairly cheap JZX100 autobox so if it is stronger than the JZA80 na box I'll get it. The JZA80 has the 2JZGE engine and that is only 225 hp. So I thought since the chaser 1JZ-VVTI with turbo is 280 the autobox might be stronger too.

#7 mxracer

mxracer

Mobster

• 632 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 30 April 2011 - 10:44 PM

well u can do it that way , but ull have to work out how to control the auto side of things , u can fit a 3 sol valve body and a kick down cable , and use a supra stick or something to control the auto

#8 KristianWraae

KristianWraae

Lackey

• 4 posts
    • :

Posted 30 April 2011 - 11:21 PM

I'll just use the Supra TT valve body with transmission. No need for a line-pressure cable. It is all electronic at the moment.